SPECIAL PLAN ASSISTANCE (SPA)
The State Government has been receiving
substantial funds since 2004-05 under SPA for funding important projects which are of specific
priority nature to State Govt. Funds received under SPA are used to meet
infrastructure gap in the state under SPA, projects relating to
infrastructure development & employment generation scheme viz Roads & Bridges, PAB, Health, Flood Control, School
Education, Higher Education, Water Supply, Art & Culture, Sports, etc
are taken up in the State:
A: Important development works taken up under Special Plan Assistance :
1. Construction of State Capital project (Rs.434.06 Crs);
2. Construction of Mini-Sectt Complex (Rs.260.00 Crs);
3. School Education (Setting up
Residential Schools hill districts) (Rs.33.00 Crs) ;
4. Education (Upgradation of
infrastructure of 11 higher secondary school in hill and valley
district) (Rs.33.00 Crs) ;
5. Upgradation of science and maths
education in hill districts (Rs.3.00 Cr) ;
6. Setting up Higher Secondary schools
at Senapati and Ukhrul district (Rs.5.00 Cr);
7. Technical Education (Acquisition of
300 acres of land for establishment of National Institute of Technology)
(Rs.25.00 Cr) ;
8. MAHUD (Development of Urban
Infrastructure in Hill Areas) (Rs.24.00 Cr) ;
9. Setting up FCI godowns in
Churachandpur, Tamenglong, Chandel and Parbung (CCPUR) ;
10. Home (Construction of Police
Buildings/Housing) (Rs.101 Crs);
11. Power (Renovation & modernization of
132/33 KV Sub- Station at Yurembam) (Rs.25.83 Crs) ;
12. Upgradation of infrastructure of
JNIMS (Rs.434.06 Crs);
13. Science & Technology (Upgradation of
I.T. Park infrastructure in Mantripukhri, Imphal) (Rs.31.00 Crs) ;
14. Construction of Bishnupur District
Hospital (Rs.7.08 Crs) ;
15. Construction of Churachandpur
District Hospital (Rs.9.00 Cr) ;
In addition, few important projects are also taken
up/being taken up under SPA (indicated the estimated cost). :
1. Conservation and Management of Loktak Lake & its associated lake –
2. Construction of Guest Houses at Hill and remote areas – Rs.24.35
3. Construction of Training Centre at Jiribam - Rs.18.60 crore.
4. Improvement & construction of secured housing - Rs.4 crore.
5. Construction of Sports Complex at Thoubal, Chandel, Senapati and
Jiribam – Rs.75.50 crore
6. Construction of 132 KV S/C line (second circuit) from Yurembam to
Yaingangpokpi - Rs.25 crore
7. Construction of 132/33 KV S/C S/S at ukhrul & its associated line -
8. Upgradation of infrastructure of Jails in Manipur - Rs.6 crore
9. Upgradation of infrastructure of fire Services in Manipur - Rs.5
10. Completion of incomplete works of APDRP in greater Imphal -
11. Sewerage Project Phase-I for Imphal city - Rs.107 crore
12. To provide road connectivity in remote rural and hill areas
including valley district – Rs.150 crore.
13. Construction of city convention centre - Rs.19 crore
C : The following are some of the projects completed/ being completed.
1. Construction of Tribal Market, Tribal hostel – Rs.7.31 crores.
2. Flood Control programme in valley districts and anti-erosion scheme
in hill areas – Rs.80 crores.
3. Employment Generation Programme for educated youths of Manipur –
4. Conversion of Manipur University into Central University – Rs.75
5. Compensation for acquiring land for NIT and other periphery
activities – Rs.25 crores.
6. Upgradation of infrastructure of Govt colleges – Rs.30 crores.
7. Upgradation of infrastructure of schools – Rs.15 crores.
8. Setting up residential schools in all the blocks of hill districts-
9. Upgradation of infrastructure of 11 higher secondary school in hill
and valley districts – Rs.30 crores.
10. Construction of food park – Rs.7.26 crores.
11. Restoration/upgradation of Kangla Fort – Rs.15 crores.
12. Upgradation of IT Park at Mantripukhri – Rs.20 crores
13. Upgradation of urban infrastructure in hill districts – Rs.24 crores.
14. Construction of ITI at Ukhrul and Jiribam – Rs.8.50 crores.
15. Upgradation of science and maths education in hill district – Rs.5
16. Upgradation of distribution network in both hill and valley – Rs.48
17. Modernisation and strengthening of Government Polytechnic. – Rs.3
18. Construction of FCS godown at Senapati, Chandel, Tamenglong, Parbung,
CCpur- Rs.20 crores.
19. Upgradation of Inter State Bus Terminus at Khumanlampak – Rs.10
20. Upgradation of Bus Terminus at Jiribam – Rs.4.79 crores.
21. Construction of IMA Market – Rs.
22. Construction of Thoubal market (Phase-A & B) – Rs.
23. Construction of auditorium of MFDC – Rs.14.44 crore
SOME OTHER DETAILS - BELOW
< TOP >